Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Two Weeks Crypto Farming Experience

Whenever I invest in something, whether it is time or money, I ensure that I did a lot of research as I don’t want to waste my resources on anything that is not worth it.

I started playing CropBytes on October 10, 2021 which is a couple of weeks after I saw it from a Facebook friend’s post. I was a gamer but I’ve never been into crypto gaming before and I don’t have a clear idea how crypto currency works. Before I signed up, I watched a lot of videos on Youtube about the concept of the game, what are the things that I need to start playing, the game economics and how I will deposit funds via Binance.

Here’s the information that I gathered with my two weeks’ experience in CropBytes.

What is CropBytes for me?

CropBytes is a virtual farm wherein you can buy your own assets using crypto. You can use those assets to increase your output or trade them in the market in exchange for crypto. In a nutshell, you are an owner of a real farm which you need to manage well in order for you to get a good income.

How did I start playing?

The first thing I did is to create a Binance account so I can buy TRX that I can use to buy my assets. However, there are some changes that will be happening as CropBytes will be launching CBX token on November 5, 2021 and they are collaborating with Bybit and MEXC. Stay tuned for more information about this CBX token on their social media accounts and telegram community.

After creating a Binance account, I went to their website www.cropbytes.com to sign up. It will ask your full name, email address and set up 2FA via google authenticator as you need it to withdraw. I highly recommend using a referral code so you and your referee can get a referral reward. The referral reward is not monetary but it is an asset that will be useful in helping your farm to grow. I got a P1 Hen after completing the task of feeding my goat (including sheep) for 9x.

Once you are done signing up, you will have a 7-day free trial that will help you to be familiar with the game. Along with this free trial, you will get corn seeds, water, corn feeds, crop land and animals such as hen, goat and cow. These assets will be gone after the 7-day trial. That's why I bought a Large Starter Pack that will continue to support my farm.

What is the Starter Pack?

When I joined the game there were 3 Starter Pack available in the Store but last October 22, 2021 they launched the Small Well Pack in limited time only. These starter packs will be your initial assets that will help your farm grow and as of the moment the assets included on the pack cannot be used for trading.

SMALL PACK (cost 299 TRX)

·       1 Small Crop Land – can produce 6 corn in 36 hours or 3 carrots in 5 days

·       2 P1 Hen – can produce 4 eggs per hen

·       10 Corn Seeds

·       10 Water

 

MEDIUM PACK (cost 499 TRX)

·       1 Small Crop Land – can produce 6 corn in 36 hours or 3 carrots in 5 days

·       1 Apple Tree – can produce 3 apples in 3 days

·       1 P1 Hen – can produce 4 eggs

·       1 P1 Goat – can produce 3 milks

·       20 Corn Seeds

·       20 Water

LARGE PACK (cost 899 TRX)

·       1 Small Crop Land – can produce 6 corn in 36 hours or 3 carrots in 5 days

·       1 Apple Tree – can produce 3 apples in 3 days

·       1 Small Well – can produce 1 water every 2.5 hours

·       1 P1 Hen – can produce 4 eggs

·       1 P1 Goat – can produce 3 milks

·       1 P1 Cow – can produce 4 milks

·       50 Corn Seeds

·       40 Water

LIMITED WELL PACK (cost 1200 TRX)

·       2 Small Well - can produce 1 water every 2.5 hours per well

 

How to Play

The game play is pretty simple. You need to feed your animals every day in order for them to produce extract. Most of the animals need corn feeds from Monday to Saturday then fruit feeds on Sunday. Water is also essential to the animals’ health which is the reason why I bought a Large Starter Pack when I started this game. You can get more information on CropBytes Assets about the feeds needed by a certain animals and what they can produce. 

 

Game Cycle

 

This will give you a quick overview on the cycle of the game and how every asset is link to each other:

 



 

1.       Place your assets so it will start your function

2.       Grow your Crops and Fruits

3.       Convert your crops and fruits by grinding them to make food

4.       Feed your animals daily

5.       Collect the extract after feeding your animals

6.       Convert your extract to GC (soon to be CBX)

7.       Collect utilities such as water and power for trading in the market place

 

Your extract that you collect from utilities and animals will be your source of income on this game. Extract is convertible to GC (Game Coins – sooner will be CBX) and GC can be converted to TRX which you can withdraw for real money.

 

Extract from utilities and some assets can be used for trading as these can be sold to the market in exchange of TRX.

 

Market Trading

 

When I entered this game, I didn't have a clear idea on how trading works. I don’t know if I am selling my water at the right price or how to place an order in the market. It is a good thing that I joined the community of CropBytes in telegram which helped me to understand how trading works.

 

CropBytes has its own marketplace where trading is happening. If you don’t have enough feed or water, you can buy it there. The strategy that I learned from the people in the telegram community is to buy the items ahead of time. Example: In order to ensure my animals’ health, I cannot just rely on the crops that my farm is producing so I placed an order for corn feed weeks before I needed it and set it at a low price. I normally put bulk orders which are good for 2 – 3 months to ensure that I will be getting a good deal as the price in the market might go higher depending on the demand.

 

In selling assets, I normally set it at a reasonable price and of course it depends on the demand. You can see the high or low price that was sold beside the name of each asset. The good thing is you can set the price and leave it there. No need to check it from time to time as it will be automatically sold once a buyer placed an order that matched the quantity and price of what you are selling. One of the other reasons why I avoid checking it from time to time is that it will trigger me to change the price to sell it immediately and get the TRX out of it. In trading, I would say that you really need patience and learn to wait for the right timing so you can gain a lot of profit.

Additionally, you can also buy assets at a low price and sell it at a high price. This is what they called on “Buy low, Sell high”

 

Trading is a good way to earn money here in CropBytes and it will speed up the return of your investment. It is just a matter of strategy and proper timing to be successful in trading.

 

Currency in CropBytes

 

As of the moment, CropBytes is still using Game Coins (GC) as its in-game currency which can be sold in exchange of TRX (Tron20) on the marketplace of the game. However, this November 5th, CropBytes will be launching its CropBytes CBX token with a trading pair of USDT(ERC-20). This new token will be available in MEXC and Bybit on November 5, 2021. For more information, you can check this ->

 

CropBytes Superhero


CropBytes also has Superheroes that sooner or later will be used for battles and trading. So what are these Superheroes in CropBytes?

 

Superheroes are considered the NFTs of the CropBytes ecosystem. They are limited edition collectables with superpowers that can increase your farm’s output. They can be bought by burning Game Coins. Recently, they did testing for breeding superheroes. Breeding superheroes will produce superbabies that have additional superpowers which is something that we can also look forward on this game.

 

Details about CropBytes Superheroes can be found on this article CropBytes – Superhero Abilities

 

 

Overall Experience

 

In my two weeks playing the game, I highly recommend this game to those newbies to crypto gaming as it is easy to understand and you will have an overview of how trading works which you can apply once you decide to invest in crypto trading. In addition, this game is for long term investment. When you enter this game, don’t expect that your investment will return overnight. You need to wait and manage your farm well to make out of it.

 

There are also a lot of things that I really love about this game. First, it is not time consuming. I only spend 5 minutes of my time feeding my animals then I check the market and community for updates during my free time. Second, I am earning from playing games with real money. My investment continues to grow while playing which is totally different from when I was playing RPG before. Lastly, I am meeting a lot of people in the community. Gaining friends in a game is something as it is healthy to your well-being. There are a lot of active members in the community and they are willing to help.

 

I would say that this game has good potential given the changes happening. The launch of its own CBX token will make the game more stable. Looking forward to the changes that will be happening this November and hoping for the best, especially to a new player like me.

 

For more information about CropBytes, you can visit the sites below and I highly recommend joining our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pretty Duckling - My First Pro animals

I always dream to buy Pro Animal as I would like to Breed Feed and sell it in the market. However, I don't have enough budget plus the C...